Volunteer at St. Paul’s
Sign Up!By submitting your contact information, you will receive parish-related volunteer opportunities by e-mail. Your information will be kept strictly confidential. You do not need to be a parishioner to volunteer. Visitors and students are welcome!
St. Paul Cathedral provides various services, activities, and organizations that benefit parishioners and the community. These programs are only made possible by volunteers who serve as good stewards; graciously donating their time, talents, and treasure in service to the parish. In order to continue offering these programs, it is important that we have willing volunteers available – even donating as little as one hour, once a month is a tremendous gift of stewardship to the parish. This is a wonderful opportunity to get more involved in the parish, make a difference for others and above all serve the Lord.
Safe Environment Policy
St. Paul Cathedral Parish strictly follows the requirements set forth by the Diocese of Pittsburgh to Protect God’s Children. All volunteers must comply with the Diocesan Safe Environment Policy by completing the steps shown below.
- Complete the Volunteer Registration Form mail it to the parish office or place it in the collection basket.
- Register with the Diocese – Register and create a new account with the Diocese of Pittsburgh. When prompted, please enter “protect” as the access code. This application will create a PA State Police Criminal Record Check.
- As soon as you complete your database application, please contact our parish safe environment coordinator, Mary Ann Hvizdos at email@example.com or by phone at 412-807-1611.
so that you can receive the paperwork you need for the PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
- Reporting of Child Abuse and the Child Protective Services Law – Print and sign the Acknowledgement of Receipt. File the receipt with the Safe Environment Coordinator.
- Code of Pastoral Conduct – Print and sign the Code of Pastoral Conduct. File the signature page with Safe Environment Coordinator.
- Protecting God’s Children – Register and attend a three-hour workshop. Please notify the Safe Environment Coordinator of the workshop you will be attending and file the certificate with the coordinator upon completion.
Feel free to contact Father Stubna at the rectory if you have any questions. Individuals are NOT responsible for any fees.
Drop off or mail all hard copies to the parish office:
Mary Ann Hvizdos
Safe Environment Coordinator
Saint Paul Cathedral Parish
108 N. Dithridge St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213.