2017 Mass Intentions
The practice of requesting a Mass to be offered for loved ones, living or deceased, is a beautiful and wonderful part of our Catholic tradition. In our Catholic Parish, there are many requests for scheduling such Mass intentions. As a way to allow as many Cathedral parishioners and friends as possible to schedule Masses, the following policies are put forth to help accomplish this goal.
Click here for mass-intention-form-2017 : (Please complete it for Mass requests for the 2017 year ONLY!)
Please read the following guidelines carefully:
- We will accept no more than 5 (five) intentions per household and no more than 2 (two) Sunday intentions per registered household. We pledge to fulfill these intentions here at the Cathedral during the 2017 year. If you request more than 5 (five) intentions, the additional intentions will be sent out to be fulfilled — no exceptions!
- Requests will be honored in the order the form is received at the Parish Office, beginning Monday, October 17, 2016.
- A $10 stipend, as determined by Diocesan policy, is to accompany each Mass request.
- No other Mass request for 2017 will be taken by phone or visit until all forms have been entered. Individual Mass requests will begin on Monday, November 28, 2016.
- Please note the following guidelines for Mass requests:
- Mass intentions cannot be scheduled for the following days: Holy Thursday, Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday, Christmas, Mothers’ Day, Fathers’ Day and All Souls Day. These Mass intentions will be for the general intentions of our priests and parishioners.
- Only one Mass request per priest may be scheduled per day.
- One Mass every Sunday must be scheduled for the intentions of our parishioners known as “Pro Populo” (For the People) as required by Canon Law and diocesan statute.
- Mass requests will be granted as close to the requested date and time as possible. If it is not possible to comply with the primary request, the next closest date and time will be scheduled. We will do the best we can to keep the intentions close to the date requested. We will mail a copy of your form with the updates to you. PLEASE print your address CLEARLY! There may be a reason that requires us to cancel a mass already scheduled. If that is necessary we will contact you and try to find another date.
- Please print names clearly and legibly so that we can enter the names correctly. Lengthy intentions cannot be published in the Bulletin and must be edited for the sake of brevity. Since the purpose of publishing the intention in the Bulletin is to notify the family and friends of the intentions, we suggest the omission of middle initials, titles, etc. Please indicate if the person for whom the Mass is requested is living or deceased.
- Canon Law does not permit us to keep Mass intentions beyond those that we are able to schedule in a year’s time. Some intentions may have to be sent to the Diocesan Mission Office for distribution to other priests who will be able to celebrate these Masses more expeditiously.
- If you are anticipating a special family event in 2017, for example, a silver or golden wedding anniversary and want to schedule a Mass for the celebration, please complete the form as well.